[liaison6c] Fellowship Application Round Opens for ICANN 46 in Beijing, People's Republic of China

Mark Leiser markleiser at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 25 12:00:14 CEST 2012

Hi all.

I was very excited about these fellowships and spoke to several of you
about applying "offline". I went to start the application process and came
across  this line:

 "outreach program seeks participants from developing regions and countries
of the world, in order to help create a broader base of knowledgeable
constituents who will become the new voice of experience in their regions
and beyond."

Regardless, I thought I would plough ahead and started the application
process only to find that the address section of the application actually
limits the countries that people can apply from to "second and third tier"
economic countries. As I live in the UK, we don't qualify.  Although I have
been involved in the NCSG for a while now and have been Dr Konstantinos
Komaitis research assistant, and this could be a valuable part of my
research, I can't apply for these.

Gripe over, but is there any other fellowships that someone like me that
has a keen interest in this work and of the NCSG can get involved in ICANN?
The mailing lists, which I rarely contribute to have proven to be a
valuable tool for bringing up to speed with all the different issues at
ICANN, but if I wanted to move it to the next level...? Anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Mark Leiser

Mark R. Leiser, Phd Student
School of Law, Humanities & Social Sciences Faculty
PGR Room, Lord Hope Building
University of Strathclyde
141 St James Road,
Glasgow G4 0LT