[] Call for Volunteers: 'thick' Whois Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group Members

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Thu Oct 25 15:43:28 CEST 2012

On 25 Oct 2012, at 08:56, Robin Gross wrote:

>> The Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council seeks volunteers to serve on a Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group (WG) that has been chartered to provide the GNSO Council with a policy recommendation regarding the use of 'thick' Whois by all gTLD Registries, both existing and future.

Those who have a POV on this topic should volunteer and should _ participate & work_ on the WG.  In my opinion, this is the best way to affect ICANN policy - whatever effect you are looking to have.  And even when you lose, you get to include a minority statement in the final report, which experience* teaches me that people read.

avri

* (having written quite a few, given my propensity for the minority POV in almost any group)