NCUC Nomination for Poncelet

Nuno Garcia ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET
Wed Oct 24 18:30:26 CEST 2012

Hi all.

The idea of "welcome as many as they come" may look a bit like a "divide
and conquer" strategy.

The rationale supporting a new Constituency would be to have a _real_ need
of such constituency. Being also a member of several Universities, I find
that the interests of Academia is very well represented within NCUC. Yet,
this is my personal point of view.

As bottom line: more constituencies = more entropy = more representativity
(there's a tradeoff there that I'm not sure I would like to bring inside
the SG at this point).

Best regards

Nuno Garcia
NCUC EC member for Europe

Nuno M. Garcia, *Ph.D.*
*Associate Professor, ULHT, Lisbon, Portugal*
*Assistant Professor, UBI, Covilhã, Portugal*
*
*
Av. da Anil, nº 2, 1º Esq.
6200-502 Covilhã