NCUC annual election

William Drake william.drake at UZH.CH
Sun Oct 7 09:41:48 CEST 2012

Hello

Thanks Alex.  May I suggest though that we hold off on starting nominating people until the nomination period actually opens?  Aside from making it easier to keep track of everything, there's another factor that may not be obvious from the David's reference to the Charter vote.  One of the key ideas that's come up in the revision drafting exercise is to enhance the responsibilities and expectations of the Executive Committee.  We desperately need for the EC to play a stronger, more active role if NCUC is going to step up and meet the demands of the rapidly evolving ICANN environment.  Right now, too few volunteers are carrying too much of the workload for us to be as effective as we could be; we've got to broaden the circle and share it more.

We will discuss this at Constituency Day and hopefully the drafting will wrap up soon thereafter so we can post it for member contemplation and comments.  So the point is, before people start to throw their hats in the ring for EC slots, they should know what being on the new EC may entail in terms of commitment.

Thanks

Bill

On Oct 7, 2012, at 7:54, Alex Gakuru <gakuru at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks David! Yes, my maximum term of office has been reached and I take this opportunity to thank the Constituency for voting for me and re-electing me for three successive terms. I would happily nominate Molefi Mafereka Ndlovu, Centre of Civil Society, University of KwaZulu Natal, if he agreed to stand for the Africa Rep slot. Happy voting.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex
>
> On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM, David Cake <dave at difference.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I'd also like to bring to the attention of the membership that several of the NCUC Regional Representatives on the NCUC Exec, including myself as Asia/Pacific/Australia rep, are term limited and will not be recontesting this election. The same applies to Africa and North America. If you are interested, please speak up!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> David
>>

>> On 07/10/2012, at 1:14 AM, Brenden Kuerbis wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC) members,
>>>
>>> It has been a year and elections are upon us. We need to elect an NCUC Chair and an NCUC Executive Committee.
>>>
>>> Specifically, the positions open up for elections are:
>>>
>>> 1. NCUC Chair
>>> 2. NCUC EC – Europe
>>> 3. NCUC EC - Africa
>>> 4. NCUC EC – Asia and the Pacific