Nomination of South American REP in the EC - Carlos Afonso

Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza caffsouza at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 16 17:33:53 CEST 2012

Hi everyone:

As the nomination season begins I am glad to nominate Carlos Afonso,
from NUPEF (Brazil), for a second term as the South American
representative in NCUC's EC. Most of you know Carlos Afonso, but here
is the small bio I have prepared for his nomination last year:

Carlos is a longtime member of NCUC and councillor for the third
sector in the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.BR). He is a
co-founder of APC (back in 1990) and has played an important role in
implementing and democratizing access to the internet in Brazil. For
his contribution to the
fostering of Internet in the Latin America and the Caribean region,
LACNIC has granted him the Trajetoria Award in 2010. Carlos' technical
expertise is only rivaled by his (sometimes awkward) sense of humor.

I am confident that Carlos Afonso will continue to be a great
representative for the region in our EC and able to provide expert
advice in a number of key issues for NCUC in 2013 as ICANN enters in a
very important period (in which we will need active and experienced
folks to support the non-commercial interest).

More about NUPEF: http://www.nupef.org.br/?q=node/80

More about Carlos:
http://icannwiki.com/index.php?title=Carlos_Afonso&diff=prev&oldid=32577

More about the Trajetoria award:
http://lacnic.net/pt/anuncios/2010_trayectoria.html

A video on the CGI.br's Principles of Internet Governance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1rKnZ9-6U

Best,
Carlos Affonso

--
Vice-Coordenador
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade (CTS/FGV)
caf at fgv.br