Draft comment on Cyber-Cafe constituency application for approval

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sat Nov 17 15:48:01 CET 2012

Hi,

While I agree with much of the content of this comment and it is great to see the NCSG comment on something (thanks to you for the draft),  I am wondering if the NCSG should comment.

We, as an SG, have a decision role in this process.   I forget the time table, but the NCSG EC has the task of deciding on the CCAOI application and either agreeing to accept it as a candidate constituency or not.  It then informs the Board of its decision and the Board in its oversight role decides if they agree with the NCSG EC.  It they agree all is well, if they don't, then there is more process to slog through.

In some ways, I see this comment period as perhaps being as much for the NCSG EC's benefit as for the Boards.  The NCSG EC should take the comments into account as well as the work of the WG Robin set up in making the decision.  And they should do that with in the time prescribed in the new constituency process.

Perhaps, though with minor edits, the NCUC and NPOC could use the draft as their Constituency  comment or this could be submitted as a single of joint constituency comment.  I think having a comment come from the constituencies is appropriate.

But thanks again for doing the work.  Having people who spring into action to do stuff  to keep us from missing important dates is critical, and you do that a lot.

avri