ICANN Ad Hoc Group on FY2014 Budget process - update

Maria Farrell maria.farrell at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 29 19:16:24 CET 2012

Hi all,

Here's a quick update on the call that just finished on next year's ICANN
budget process.

Short version: just a kick-off call, but check the community wiki further
on in December for initial draft budget materials.

Alain and I were both on the call (please add anything I've forgotten,
Alain!).

This process doesn't really get going till early next year, and the
financial year it's for starts in July.

Will keep you posted once it gets going.

All the best, Maria

29 Nov Ad Hoc Group on FY2014 Budget process meeting summary:

Outreach schedule to be published – opportunities for public comment from
February onward.

December: Community Wiki will be used to publish documents + additional way
to access budget materials for people who can’t access it.

CFO will work with SOs and ACs on additional budget request process, as
doesn’t run in parallel with the overall budget process

Marilyn Cade, Chuck Gomes & Alain supported a formal budget advisory
committee. No action taken (not within the powers of this group to create
one)