Trouble at the Top

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Mon Mar 26 07:00:52 CEST 2012

This may not be the the grand calamity so many in the press are hoping it is.  E.g. i am reading the NTIA request for public comments on [Docket No. 120214135–2135–01] RIN 0660–XA27 Multistakeholder Process To Develop Consumer Data Privacy Codes of Conduct  and on page 25, in the discussion on the use of multistakeholder process, they list ICANN as a positive model of the model's utility.  Somehow I doubt that would get written while they were planning to ditch ICANN.  I really think this is a case of NTIA slapping the wrist of ICANN to make them do their homework properly. I do not think it is the cataclysm so many seem to think it is.

avri