NCSG Policy Committee statement on IOC/RCRC proposal

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Mar 25 08:04:50 CEST 2012

Any subgroup of academics that wants to issue a statement is able to do so at any time. There is no need to create additional organizational overhead. The Stakeholder Group can accommodate any ad hoc formation of a group of any kind. So, no need for a new constituency, and let's never confuse having a formal organization with having a meaningful voice, the two are quite distinct.

Milton L. Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
Internet Governance Project
http://blog.internetgovernance.org