P.S. Re: [NCSG-Discuss] NCSG Policy Committee statement on IOC/RCRC proposal

Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU
Sat Mar 24 05:37:09 CET 2012

Sorry, I should also have mentioned in my last email that since the PC operates on the basis of rough consensus, and no objections were received from any PC member to the substance of the proposed PC statement, it went in with an additional sentence that specifically mentioned the NPOC proposal for generic criteria (inserted into that part of the draft PC statement that recommends a fuller consideration of the whole issue). It was of course open to any NCUC, NPOC or NCSG member (or some grouping thereof) to submit a different statement.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH 03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage: http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584
As of August 30, 2010, Franklin Pierce Law Center has affiliated with the University of New Hampshire and is now known as the University of New Hampshire School of Law. Please note that all email addresses have changed and now follow the convention: firstname.lastname at law.unh.edu. For more information on the University of New Hampshire School of Law, please visit law.unh.edu

Re: [NCSG-Discuss] NCSG Policy Committee statement on IOC/RCRC proposal

Thanks, Alain - just to clarify, my use of the word "another" was not meant to downplay the role of NPOC but rather to underscore the fact that NCSG is open to new members and constituencies (e.g. we currently have a constituency in formation), so rather than just have one versus the other (which in and of itself seems to imply a divisiveness of some kind) I thought it more neutral to use the word "another", having mentioned NCUC in passing in an earlier paragraph. Also, since NPOC had submitted its full proposal earlier to the DT, it did not seem to me necessary to include the full statement in the comment, especially since it is actually the only statement/comment the PC's statement quoted from, and we did not do the same for other comments made by NCSG members.

I hope this helps.