[gnso-iocrc-dt] Summary of Action Items at the Top Level

Joy Liddicoat joy at APC.ORG
Fri Mar 23 10:05:07 CET 2012

Thanks Wolfgang,
As mentioned at the meeting in Costa Rica, I am unable to attend the meeting
on the 26th and need to either appoint an alternate or to give another
Councillor my proxy. Not sure of the protocol with this (alternate or proxy)
- but given Konstantinos was also on the drafting team, Robin has suggested
he be an alternate for me. Is this ok?
Joy

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of
"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang"
Sent: Friday, 23 March 2012 2:52 a.m.
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: SV: [NCSG-Discuss] [gnso-iocrc-dt] Summary of Action Items at the
Top Level

Hi

I was in the call. Unfortunately only for 30 minutes. Boarding started
;-(((.

It was no so bad. Chuck and some other valuated in particular Avris comments
as excellent and very useful, even if they were not ready to walk the walk.
Indeed, the question was "Did the comments change your mind". And the answer
was on both sides of the spectrum "No". I myself made also clear that the
best solution would be to have no motion because everything is in the
guidebook. I proposed that in case we have to eat the soup others have
cooked, we have to make the text of the motion as neutral and general as
possible to avoid the opening of a Pandora`s box and to restrict it to the
first round and the top level.

Chuck was arguing in a similar direction to look for a more neutral and
general language. I argued that we can not come back with the same text on
Monday. Something has to be changed. Chuck proposed to draft some new
language. Then I had to leave the call. The redrafted text I have seen now
is not satisfactory. With other words, if it comes to voting on Monday, we
should consider to vote "NO".

I also asked what the consequences of the GNSO Council vote would be. This
is in the hands of the Board and the board has all options, including to
ignore the GNSO Council.

Real work will start later with the second level.

Wolfgang