link to registrar statement on IOC/RC?

Wendy Seltzer wendy at SELTZER.COM
Thu Mar 15 17:45:18 CET 2012

>From the transcript:

>>MASON COLE: THANK YOU, STEPHANE.
I JUST HAVE A BRIEF STATEMENT TO READ FROM THE REGISTRAR STRARLD GROUP.
ALTHOUGH THE REGISTRAR STAKEHOLDER GROUP INTENDS TO VOTE IN FAVOR OF
THIS MOTION, WE RECOGNIZE THE EFFORT TO PROTECT THE MARKS OF THE IOC AND
THE RED CROSS ORIGINATED WITH THE BOARD. THE REQUEST FROM THE BOARD TO
ALTER THE BOTTOM-UP POLICY DEVELOPED BY THE GNSO COUNCIL WITH REGARD TO
THE NEW gTLD PROGRAM CONSTITUTES, IN OUR VIEW, A CIRCUMVENTION OF THE
BOTTOM-UP POLICY DEVELOPMENT PROCESS THAT IS AT THE CORE OF OF BOTH THE
GNSO AND OF ICANN.
THE GNSO COUNCIL SHOULD EXPECT THE BOTTOM-UP PDP TO BE HONORED AND
ADHERED TO BY THE COMMUNITY IN THE FUTURE.
THANK YOU.

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Yale Law School Information Society Project