[npoc-voice] NPOC Proposal for IOC-RC protection

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Wed Mar 14 00:12:02 CET 2012

Thanks for this clarification Klaus.

KK

From: "klaus.stoll" <klaus.stoll at CHASQUINET.ORG<mailto:klaus.stoll at CHASQUINET.ORG>>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:53:50 +0000
To: "NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU<mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>" <NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU<mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>>
Subject: Re: [NCSG-Discuss] [npoc-voice] NPOC Proposal for IOC-RC protection

Dear Friends

Just for clarification, the NPOC draft is not approving IOC/RC special
treatment. What we want is  to move away from specific organizations and
names to a very clear definition of a very small but at the same time very
deserving special treatment.

Personally, I do not think that the IOC comes even near this and that we
hope that we end up with something like UN +10  We should move the
discussion from specific names to a particular group that can be clearly
defined or decide that no protection is needed. The later seems to be the
reasonable way, but at the same time not the realistic way.

Yours

Klaus