Fwd: [governance] Verisign seizes .com domain registered via foreign Registrar on behalf of US Authorities

Carlos A. Afonso ca at CAFONSO.CA
Fri Mar 9 00:06:48 CET 2012

This seizing of domains makes it very relevant to know the location of
the registries' headquarters for new gTLDs. We already know that
US-based registries represent an obvious risk of arbitrary seizure, but
other countries are moving in a similar direction.

--c.a.