On ICANN and Conflicts of Interest

Evan Leibovitch evan at TELLY.ORG
Tue Mar 27 20:45:38 CEST 2012

Hello Non-Commercialites,

Rod Beckstrom's opening comments in San José focused a bright light on
conflict of interest issues which exist throughout ICANN. This picks up on
a theme on which ALAC has already been working on for some time and
considers of significant importance.

FYI, the current working space for our activity is at
https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+ICANN+Board+Conflicts+of+Interest+Review+-+Revised+Conflicts+of+Interest+Policy+and+Related+Governance+Documents+Workspacewhere
a number of possible statements and comments are being considered.

Since I don't see any activity on CofI on this mailing list I'll assume
this may not be as hot a topic for NC* as it is within ALAC. That's
perfectly OK.

What brings me here is that I am asking for the help from anyone who may
have experience working on conflict of interest guidelines outside of
ICANN. If we are to propose something robust, we're going to need to look
outside ICANN for examples.

Any offer of help -- even if you don't fully agree with our PoV on this --
is appeciated. If you're interested in helping advance our position, so
much the better.

Thanks!

--
Evan Leibovitch