Opinions? Fwd: [] List of possible approaches for Red Cross/IOC names in new gTLDS

Michael Carson mcarson029 at COMCAST.NET
Mon Jul 23 23:33:52 CEST 2012

Dan,

I agree with you with regard to the content of the site being an important component to determine fraud. However, there are fraudulent domain names and they are troubling to brand owners such as the YMCA. Considering the nature of our service to millions of individuals, it is very important to us to stop third parties from using YMCA in it's domain name. For profit entities and individuals/organizations engaged in nefarious activities (domains I will not mention) have been guilty of and continue to do so not only to misrepresent themselves to the public, but also to the many YMCA organizations around the world.

The answer should not be an "do nothing" approach, but possibly something that protects everyone's (including nonprofit corporations) rights.

Best,

Michael Carson

YMCA of the USA