gTLD for developing regions

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Thu Jul 12 22:53:51 CEST 2012

> Assuming it's fixable, at least in this round. It's probably another decade at least before round 2 unfolds.

My point is that if it is fixable there is no reason to wait for another full round to fix it.
A targeted remediation round could be argued for given the failure.

Of course if you and MM are right, and no one in their right mind would want one of these things anyway, then it might be a waste of time.
I am just not convinced, so I will continue to tilt away at these windmills.
And especially in the IDN space which is integrated with the rest of the gTLD program, i remain unconvinced.

So tell me, how many people who are into major IPC and IPC4D in developing regions know about the opportunities for IDN gTLDS?

BTW, I was not jumping on ridiculous pricing as the only reason for failure, but was adding it to my list of possible contributing failure reasons.

avri