gTLD for developing regions

Horacio T. Cadiz hcadiz at PH.NET
Thu Jul 12 06:13:56 CEST 2012

On 07/12/2012 12:02 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would you have been interested if it had been affordable?

   Interest and capability are two different things. I and some
other organizations were interested but it was not affordable.
It couldn't be done without deep financial resources.

> What about if it had been free except for your sweat equity using FOSS tools etc...

   That FOSS expertise, we have in abundance. We lacked the USD 185,000
to be risked in the process (just to get the feet through the door).
The process was not viable for a non-commercial TLD, specially one in
the developing economies.

> Would others have been interested if the pricing had been reasonable or the grants 100%.

   Would we have pushed through with an application? Sure.

--
Bombim Cadiz