gTLD for developing regions was Re: [] knitters needle

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Jul 4 18:26:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

Great topics.

The one on RAA is critical as this is s till under discussion.  Perhaps you can develop that theme into a comment that NCSG/[NCUC, NPOC] can endorse.

Some of the other topics are long term, but perhaps we can figure out ways to work on them over the longer term, so at the right time we are ready to contribute well developed proposals.

I think helping local populations create RSPs and Rrs in developing regions is one of the key means of raising the capacity of developing regions and one of the ways to insure there are qualified applicants ready to take on the challenge of applying for new registries without needing to chain themselves to incumbent RSPs and Rrs (ie yet another variant of cyber-colonialism).

avri