gTLD for developing regions was Re: [] knitters needle

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Jul 4 15:46:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

This is something worth working on.

While I was very much against working according to categories in this round, it was largely because I thought the categories were something emergent.  I don't think we all could have agreed on the set categories before.  But now we can. Or at least can come close.

I think that the developing region applications are obviously a category that was not sufficiently included.

As we start to think and plan for the next round, I think we could/should consider limiting it to categories, i.a. such as developing regions.  I beleive remediating failures in diversity etc should be one of the primary goals of the next round.  I expect that this may be a controversial perspective, perhaps even within NCSG, so it is going to take some discussion on:

- whether a next round should be constrained across some but not all categories
- if so, which categories

It might be good to start figuring out if we, as NCSG collectively, or [NCUC, NPOC] separately, have viewpoints on such issues.

avri

PS: I love the way threads wander and morph in a living list.