.CAT WHOIS Proposed Changes - call for public comments

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Sun Jan 22 05:16:54 CET 2012

I agree with Adam, I too have a problem with that part:

*"Law enforcement and trademark protection representatives will be
granted full access to puntCAT database. An IP white list will be
established to provide full access to gather all data associated with
any concrete domain name." *

First - the Internet is a 0 dimensional universe that is not owned by
any one nation. So what does the word "Law Enforcement" mean? American
only - or ANY country. Seems to me that it would have to mean any
country as all countries are theoretically equal on the Internet.

As the founder of the Church of Reality I'm someone who would be put to
death in many countries of the world and I can not be subject to "law
enforcement" of countries like Iran. The same is true to a lesser degree
of all non-Islamic religions and possibly some version of Islam. I can
not be subject to nations who consider my religions blasphemy.

As to trademark protection - I own the US Registered Trademark on the
word "REALITY". *Serial Number:*78735626.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/trademark/

if I had special trademark enforcement powers owning the trademark on
REALITY, well, I really don't think you should give me that kind of
power. If I control REALITY on the Internet - wouldn't that make me a
deity? I don't think that's a good idea.

ICANN and DNS is not about law enforcement, trademark, or intellectual
property protection. It's not about protecting people's money. Our
mission is to make the Internet work and nothing more.  These issues are
outside the scope of our mission and we need to draw a hard bright line
and tell these people no.