[At-Large] GNSO Council Motion on Cross-Community Working Groups

Nicolas Adam nickolas.adam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 18 20:21:16 CET 2012

Having principles should in no way prevent from being strategical.
Thought I'd voice this since i have been sounding off a lot on principles.

I don't believe in karma, but i hate inesthetical things with a passion.
Fortunately, I find good strategy to be of the highest aesthetical
order. While I think principles are important, weaving them
unstrategically is aesthetically reprehensible to me.

So on the 3 options, I don't know which i would push. Note that I
sometimes expect the people that are able to do politics and compromise
to use my principled opposition as best they see. This is why i voted
for them. I try to give munition as well as myopinion but I am happy to
defer to our elected representatives who are in positions to see more
globally (and strategically) than I can with my limited experience .... .

Nicolas

#########

Bill, a few questions (for when you have time, of course, and with thx
in advance):

why wouldn't an amendment pass? and what was the outreach vote that had
the GNSO divided?

Can someone comment on the economy/culture of vote trading/politics
between both GNSO's SGs? is there for instance a recent paper recounting
recent negotiations or some such?