Met with Nancy Pelosi on SOPA - went well

Dorothy K. Gordon director-general at AITI-KACE.COM.GH
Fri Jan 13 14:19:39 CET 2012

Dear Alex, We need a one-pager African position on it with emphasis on e-commerce. Does it exist or are you writing it? Thanks

Dorothy K. Gordon
Director-General
Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT
Mobile: 233 244 311 348
  BB  : 233 265005712
Direct Line: 233 302 683579
Website: www.aiti-kace.com.gh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Gakuru" <gakuru at GMAIL.COM>
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Sent: Friday, 13 January, 2012 12:38:48 PM GMT +00:00 Casablanca / Monrovia
Subject: Re: Met with Nancy Pelosi on SOPA - went well

Happy to have provoked an African online journalist based in Somalia
to speak out against SOPA/PIPA:
http://nyakairu.me/why-sopa-will-be-a-tragedy-for-africa/

He adds a new twist to threats ahead re: comments  left at blog posts
that include malicious links to force the shutdown of such sites. I'd
never considered it. The fear would be sufficient to compel all
bloggers to block accepting readers comments.