Need quick education on SOPA and PIPA

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 12 19:31:46 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Sarah El Ebiary <sarahelebiary at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think the best argument that will perk the ears of these congresspersons
> is telling them if SOPA and PIPA passes, then it would significantly harm
> the success of their own future campaigns, inhibit online communications to
> their constituents, and tarnish their social media presence since entire
> websites they both use would be taken down, such as Facebook, YouTube, and
> Twitter etc. because these websites allegedly facilitate or enable (or
> merely link to) the illegal distribution of copyrighted content online.

I think you have a point! I wish the Silicon Valley tech companies quickly
put up a KISS( Keep_It_Stupid_Simple) website showing  *all* polticians how
they risk losing re-election and will erase their future dreams of EVER
occupying the White House if they pass SOPA/PIPA themselves. Unless they
have unold riches to buy big media's national TV and Radio advertising
space - which cost quite some fortune. Simply put, passing the bills is
shooting themsleves in the foot and means kissing goodbye to their future
political prospects. Now wouldn't that be terribe or what? ;-)