Fwd: [ NNSquad ] Belarus Is Now Home to the Internet's Most Insane Law

Nuno Garcia ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET
Wed Jan 4 13:21:27 CET 2012

unfortunately that is true... The only way to overcome this is to connect
directly to a foreign ISP without using national gateways.

In the Arab Spring events some colleagues set up dial-up modems in the US
to allow Internet connection via standard telephone lines. But even so, a
strong IT-aware country may control and prevent this.