Fwd: [ NNSquad ] Belarus Is Now Home to the Internet's Most Insane Law

Sarah El Ebiary sarahelebiary at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 4 10:40:26 CET 2012

First Belarus. Soon, Iran:

http://radiozamaneh.com/english/content/iranian-internet-users-be-cut-world-wide-web

On Jan 4, 2012 1:13 AM, "Nuno Garcia" <ngarcia at ngarcia.net> wrote:

It will happen, I'm sure.

And its not that hard to do, many old satellites are just like mirrors in
the sky, I saw a news clip last year about how truckers in Brasil use the
satellites with home made parabolic antennas to communicate with their
loved ones when deep inside the country.

If used for computer communications, it would have a very low bandwidth,
maybe unusable for serious downloads, but yet usable to chat and text
transfer.

(I also saw that the US had the brazilian authorities seize and inprision
the criminals that used the satelites to exchange love messages with their
wives, or to the drug lords who used it to communicate among each other).

(Carlos was the name you give to the persons who did this? I know there was
a name...)