NCUC Charter drafting team - call for participants

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Wed Jan 18 17:59:42 CET 2012

Dear NCUC members,

I would like to have an open call for a drafting team that will work on revising and revisiting the NCUC charter. As it stands now, our charter is not compatible with that of NCSG and there are some provisions that need to change and redrafted.

The NCUC EC agreed for a small team to be devised that will work on the charter, which once finalized, will be put for a vote before the membership. The changes required are not many and updating the charter should not require a lot of work. To this end, I would really like to have the charter ready for the Costa Rica ICANN meeting.

May I ask for 3 volunteers that will work alongside the EC on this issue? For issues of fairness and since we are discussing issues about domain names, I suggest that the selection process is on a first come, first served basis. May I please ask members to email me personally expressing their interest so we can minimize the traffic of this list?

The deadline for expressing your interest is this Sunday, January 22, 2012.

Many thanks

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA