Met with Nancy Pelosi on SOPA - went well

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Fri Jan 13 03:16:09 CET 2012

I have good news to report. I had an interesting day today. I met with
Nancy Pelosi today and talked about SOPA. She indicated that she was no
fan of SOPA and thought it probably wouldn't pass. She did say however
the IP is a real problem and that something needed to be done.

I told her the I can come up with an alternative and I told her that if
she opposes SOPA that I would write a technical spec for something that
actually would work and not break the Internet. She was VERY interested
and she made sure that her assistant exchanged cards with me.

I actually have an idea. I've been working on this for years and I will
write it up but not right away. But I want to put the challenge out
there. What can we come up with that is better than SOPA and doesn't
involve compromising our civil liberties values?

Just wondering if some one of you will come up with the same idea I'm
thinking of. And - I do think that we should put something reasonable on
the table. And I think that the problem can be solved and we can solve
it - before they solve it for us.

Ideas?