AW: [NCSG-Discuss] Questions/Options for Protection of IOC/Red Cross Names at Top Level

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 5 11:31:56 CET 2012

On 2/5/12, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang"
<wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de> wrote:
> I agree here with Avri. The guidebook has enough safeguards to prevent
> misuse of the names of any IGO, NGO or other organisations. If you start to
> make exceptions as part of a "policy" you end in a nowhere land. Each case -
> if one appears - can be handled individually and there a lot of instruments
> you can use to stop the misuse of an established and recognized IGO/NGO
> name.

+1

 With regard to IGOs, this wll become part of GACs responsibilities, to
> go through the list of applications and to raise concerns if a private
> corporation applies for a new gTLD like .itu.

It might even be the job of the Independent Objector under "Community
Objections" to object to something like .redcross or even .itu.

--
Cheers,

McTim