[council] Motion to initiate a PDP on thick Whois

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Feb 5 00:53:43 CET 2012

I agree with this as the motion stands.

The only PDP on whois that I beleive should be done is one that looks at the BoardStaff decision to impose thick whois on all the new gTLD  without a policy process to determine this.

If the current PDP proposal could be amended to take this issue up as it its first issue, I would recommend approving the PDP.    Then again, I can't imagine such a motion passing.  And if it did I can't imagine the GNSO deciding the remove the thick whois requirement, and even if it did, I bet the Board would overrule this one.

avri