Questions/Options for Protection of IOC/Red Cross Names at Top Level

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Fri Feb 3 19:14:52 CET 2012

Hi,

One thing occurs to me as to why there is such pressure to get GNSO to go along.  This puts the fig-leaf of Multistakeholder decision on yet another of the decisions where the BoardStaff circumvented the process.

So, Not only do I think this is the wrong thing to do, I think it is also another slip down the slippery slope of BoardStaff decision making that circumvents the Policy process for ICANN.

The existing mechanisms are sufficient to protect IOC and IFRC at the first and even second levels - we do not need to open this barn door.

avri