comment on Consultation on Internet Number Resources Performance Standards

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Dec 9 05:16:22 CET 2012

On 9 Dec 2012, at 02:19, McTim wrote:

> @ Avri, is it sad, or is it an indication that the IANA is doing it's
> job pretty well?  I read it last week, but had no
> comments/improvements to make on the procedures/KPIs, so I didn't
> comment.

2 things:

- it is not a question of whether IANA is doing it job well, we can all see they got 100%, they are perfect. It is a question of whether the report is adequate, and whether all the info is there makes sense to everyone in the community.
- if you think the report is adequate, since the is the first time, as far as i know, that these reports have been posted for public comment, it is not a bad idea to say you think everything is hunky dory.

It is hard for those who read and interpret comments to tell the difference between
- no one read this it is a waste of time to report
- wow people think this is a great mechanism and have nothing to say because we got it right.

avri