NCUC EC election results

Edward Morris edward.morris at ALUMNI.USC.EDU
Mon Dec 3 22:13:17 CET 2012

Hi everybody,

Wow.

I’d like to thank Robin, Brenden and the staff at ICANN for all their hard
work in running this election. If the democracies of the world were able to
conduct elections as clearly and smoothly as this group did we’d all be
better off. Thanks again.

To my fellow candidates: I’m used to running campaigns, I’m not used to
being the person out front. It takes a special person, myself excluded, to
take that risk and run for office. Thank you for doing so.  Regardless of
the result,  this Constituency needs everyone working together if we’re
going to have success and I hope all are willing. We have a lot of work to
do and we need the energies and talents of each and every member  to get it
done. With Bill’s leadership there is so much we can accomplish.

I never thought the goal of my year, were I successful, on the EC would be
to give hope to Avri. Through her energy, intelligence, hard work and
passion she has given so much to all of us. Yes,  recent events have given
all of us much pause to thought. But...we need to remember why we are all
doing this,  we need to remember  those whose interests we have pledged to
represent: the billions of noncommercial internet users throughout this
world. The day the internet becomes no more than a platform for commerce is
the day the internet as we know it dies. We have a compelling story to tell
and the best of all reasons to tell it: to save the open, free, innovative
internet for ourselves and future generations.

Thanks to everyone for their support and I’ll do my best to justify your
confidence in me.

Edward Morris