Call for Volunteers for NCSG Liaison to At-Large / ALAC

Cintra Sooknanan cintra.sooknanan at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 16 23:57:15 CET 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I sincerely thank Alain Berranger for his confidence in nominating me for
the subject role and also recognise Rudi Vansnick's self nomination
both sent to the list on 24 October 2012.

Having been confirmed by NPOC as one of its representatives on the NCSG
Executive (subject to the approval of ISOC-TT by the NCSG which will
hopefully occur without delay), in recognition of the workload of the NCSG
Executive in executing their role, and also having worked personally with
Rudi at ISOC and ICANN; it is with great thought that I cede my nomination
in favour of Rudi.

Further, I am well aware of Rudi's very professional and cordial relations
with At Large and ALAC, his sound understanding of their policy issues and
his own role in building those structures in ICANN. Therefore I perceive no
difficulty in At Large or ALAC accepting his holding this position.

It is my hope that Rudi will be able to garner support from both NCUC and
NPOC so that this important role is filled by consensus.

Finally, since this position has been unfortunately left vacant for some
time and the liaison role is crucial in our activities, I would like the
NCSG to consider that the holder of this position be given NCSG travel
support in attending our meeting in LA in January notwithstanding who fills
this role.

Thank you for your kind attention and consideration of the above matters.

Best regards

Cintra Sooknanan