Fwd: [] Unredacted IOC/RED Cross Board Workshop Paper has been posted

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Thu Aug 30 06:30:34 CEST 2012

Thanks for sharing this.

I still just try to understand the implications of this proposal.

Now we have, for example, already operational:

http://www.olympicair.com -- Olympic Air, an airline operating over 100
daily flights, would not be allowed to register also under any new gTLD?
So the proposal favors the use of .com only where they have already a
registration?

Then there are the hotels, and surely thousands of further variations:

www.olympichotel.com.au/

www.hotelolympic.com/

royal-olympic-athens.hotel-rez.com/

The proposal would not allow any more registrations of these and any
similar addresses under the new gTLDs, but they can continue to be
olympic under .com or keep their .com.au addresses, but no similar new
ones under the new gTLDs?

Just too complex for me to understand how and by whom this would be
administered - and of course: WHY?

Norbert

=