Public Statement accepting nomination

Hago Dafalla dafalla at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 25 10:44:08 CEST 2012

Position: GNSO Councillor

Personal Details: My name is Hago Dafalla. I am male. I live in Wad Medani, Sudan, in  which is within the Africa Region.

Qualifications: I joined NCUC since 2010, at the Beuligm meeting. I was selected to serve as AFRINIC NomCom for both years 2011 and 2012. I also a member of Inter Register Transfer Policy part C working Groups (IRTP), GNSO, ICANN and a member of LOCK working Group, GNSO, ICANN.I have attended the Cairo,Sydney, Burselss and Costa Rica  ICANN meetings in person , and at all the meetings I attended in person I attended the majority of GNSO sessions. I believe I have a good understanding of ICANN in general, and the issues and operation of the GNSO Council in particular.

Reasons for willingness to take on the particular position: . I have a strong commitment to the protection of free expression, privacy, and human rights within the Internet policy domain, to the protection of an open and free Internet, espacially in arab region and third world and to the multi-stakeholder model, especially the participation of civil society, acadmic as an equal partner. I am a member of Arab Internet Governece Fourm which is the first fourm in arab region. Surly the GNSO Council provides one of the most useful ways to work towards these goals.

Employment: I am  a graduatedt (I have Master Degree in Computer Engineering and Networks) Faculty of Engineering and Technology,University of Gezira, Sudan. I have Engineering Technology, Electronics degree (Telecom and control, and 16 years experience in the internet, and I am the first person in my Country who used the E-mail system before my Country connected to internet (since 1995).

Availability: My schedule is flexible enough to allow me to fulfil all required GNSO council duties, including attending ICANN meetings and participating in the majority of GNSO phone meetings and NCSG policy calls.

Conflicts of Interest: I do not have any financial or employment interests with any entity with a contract or financial interest with ICANN, and I do not believe I have any applicable conflicts of interest.

Thanks

Hago Dafalla
System Administrator and Network Manager
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
University of Gezira
Wad Medani, Sudan