The DNS problem

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 23 03:44:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Carl Smith <lectriclou at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks McTim,
>
> However, DNS is an IP look up system and re-director,  where LISP is a
> programing language.

Lisp is a programming language.  LISP refers to Locator-Id Separator
Protocol, which is what your first post is about.

>   MS has the major influence in the DNS system.  We need a less single
> source dominated system.

The org I work for has ~80+% market share of DNS servers globally.  That
leaves ~20% for MSFT and Power DNS and Unbound/NSD and the rest.

IPv4 and IPv6 are NOT proprietary as other folks have described.  You need
a new source for information methinks.

>   Our hope must come from the Open Source mavericks to provide the way.

My org makes the DNS server software that is FOSS and has the ~80% of the
DNS server software market.

--
Cheers,

McTim