Return of the Globally Protected Marks List - now called HARM "High At-Risk Marks)

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Sun Aug 19 19:32:04 CEST 2012

What is amazing is how trademark law becomes so contorted to
commercial interests at ICANN.  This proposed list a good example.

What is supposed to be a mechanism to protect consumers from
confusion about competing goods winds up becoming the creation of a
list to prohibit a word's use all together in a name space, for a fee
of course.  Actual trademark rights and their boundaries,
limitations, etc. are irrelevant.

Robin

On Aug 19, 2012, at 7:07 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Excellent points, Edward.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org