Fwd: [council] A New Approach to Africa

Alain Berranger alain.berranger at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 14 16:31:27 CEST 2012

Hi Bill,

An SG interest group makes sense and I would like to participate.

Since not all NPOC members hold individual membership in NCUC, like I do, I
think that this SG interest group should be accessible to all NCSG members
on an NCSG website or wiki place.

Can you remind me who Tarek is, please?

Please be kind enough to avoid NON-COMMERCIAL (your capitals) chat since we
have not resolved our current disagreement on this and we have other places
to deal with this. If you have not already done so, you can send your views
to the NCSG-EC members or the Chair of NCSG.... but let's keep it out of
this  budding interest group discussions as I'm not sure how useful it is.

One possible substantive issue this group should address is the very high
and unaffordable cost (and other barriers) in certain parts of Africa to
acquire a domain name. Besides the obvious digital divide consequences, it
also prevents membership in NCSG for a very large "community" unable to
afford a domain name.

Thanks, Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA