NCUC input on new gTLDs and human rights

joy joy at APC.ORG
Fri Aug 10 06:07:26 CEST 2012

Hi - thanks Avri and Milton and others who have commented.
On the principles: great to get more discussion on them - thanks!
On the reference to guardianship,  Like Avri, i feel strongly that
there is a core principle there which is fundamental - and i also like
the suggestion of a reference to stewardship: that's helpful - thanks
Milton and I'd be comfortable with that.
As for the last point - the purpose was just to emphasise that, if in
doubt, we put particular emphasis on that higher aspirational
standard. it wasn't intended to override human rights. I am happy if
the prevailing principle should be human rights rather than stewardship.
Thanks again.
I will tidy up and post one for (hopefully) one last time.
Joy