NCSG Election Candidate Public Statements - Deadline Sunday 26 August

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Fri Aug 24 21:10:57 CEST 2012

All those candidate who have accepted nominations for NCSG GNSO
Councilor or NCSG Chair should post their required public statements
to this list before Sunday 26 August.  I post mine below.

Reminder: According the NCSG Charter, all candidates are required to
make a Public Statement that includes:
     * Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
     * Any conflicts of interest;
     * Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular
position;
     * Qualifications for the position; and
     * Statement of availability for the time the position requires.
     * The nominee’s statement may also include any other information
that the candidate believes is relevant.

Candidates have until 26 August 2012 to make their public statement
to the NCSG email list.  Candidate Public Statements will be posted
to the NCSG Elections page:
   https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Elections+2012

NCSG Candidate Public Statement

Candidate Position: NCSG Chair
Name:  Robin Gross
Region of residence:  North America
Gender:  Female
Employment: Self-employed as private attorney
Conflicts of interest: None

Reasons for willingness to take on the particular position?
Would like to assist in the growth of the noncommercial community and
also to help strengthen noncommercial participation in ICANN policy
decisions.  I share many policy objectives with the NCSG membership
including the protection of fundamental human rights, broadening
ICANN's participation to new and under-served communities, and the
recognition of the free and open Internet as a key resource to
empowering people and improving our lives.

Qualifications for the position?
Served as NCSG Chair for one year, and before that NCUC Chair for 2
years; and before that GNSO Councilor for 4 years representing
noncommercial interests.

Statement of Availability for the time the position requires?
I will make myself available for the approximately 20+ hours a week
(on average) of time this volunteer position requires.

NCSG Election Schedule:
Aug. 10-20 : Nomination Period
Aug. 26 : Candidates make Public Statement on NCSG email list
Aug. 27 : Deadline to "check-in" as Active Member eligible for ballot
Sept. 4 : Begin Voting
Sept. 18 : Close Voting
Sept. 20 : Announce Election Results
Oct. 26 : 2012 Annual Terms Begin (at conclusion of Toronto mtg)

2012 NCSG Annual Election Info Page:
   https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Elections+2012

NCSG Accepted Candidates List:

NCSG GNSO Council Representative:
Elect (3) 2-year terms:

GNSO Candidate:  David Cake
Nominated by: Kim Heitman
Nomination 2nd by: Bill Drake, Alain Berranger
Geographic region: Asia-Pacific

GNSO Candidate:  Maria Farrell
Nominated by: Avri Doria
Nomination 2nd by: Robin Gross, Alain Berranger
Geographic region: Europe

GNSO Candidate:  Magaly Pazello
Nominated by: Carlos Affonso
Nomination 2nd by: Bill Drake, Alain Berranger
Geographic region: Latin America - Caribbean

NCSG Chair - Elect one 1-year term
NCSG Chair Candidate: Robin Gross
Nominated by: Alex Gakuru
Nomination 2nd by: Marc Perkel, Remmy Nweke

  - Thank you -

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org