The DNS problem

Carl Smith lectriclou at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 21 16:38:08 CEST 2012

The DNS problem and reason for confusion is due to limitations imposed
during the infancy of development stages of machine inter-connectivity.
Basically, IP is insufficient to grant each machine a unique identity.
The limited IP addresses are licensed to master networks which in turn
are sub-netted to machines which only have a local identity slaved to
the master.

Ultimately, we need a unique ID for each machine which is not slaved or
controlled by a master. In that case the machines become individual
entities. We need a DNS system which recognizes this unique character
and allows direct connection between unique entities.

This is not what commercial enterprise demands. The corporate entities
only have one rule: Profit. This is in direct conflict with individual
liberty. A system of controlled connection is the preference of the
profiteer. Thus we have our current Internet authority.

What we as noncommercial enthusiasts desire is secure open connectivity
directly between unique identities which is secure yet unhampered by
overt regulation by commercial interest such as corporations which
includes government.

Just my thoughts,

Lou Smith