NCUC members only - Voters' list verification of addresses

Timothe Litt litt at ACM.ORG
Fri Apr 27 23:25:53 CEST 2012

Well, if I go to http://ncdnhc.org/profile/TimotheLitt, click Edit, I get
the same application form that I originally filled out.  It tells me to fill
out sections 6 & 7 as an individual - and that has no place for a domain
name.   Only section 2(c) requests a domain name - for organizations.  (See
below - I deleted my mailing address here).

Further, if this is a requirement (and I expect the whois privacy advocates
will object), it doesn't seem reasonable that older memberships are
grandfathered -  there would have to be an update process to get the
information from old memberships.  And new ones would need to be able to
update (add/change/delete) domain names.

It doesn't make sense that it's a requirement only for some individuals --
what purpose does it serve?

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer
if any, on the matters discussed.

Membership Application Questions

Questions marked with a lock are private and only visible to administrators.

1. This is an application for what kind of Membership? If you select
"Organizational" please complete questions 2-5, if you select "Individual"
please complete questions 6-7. All applicants must complete question 8. *
Private
<http://static.ning.com/socialnetworkmain/widgets/index/gfx/icon/privacy.gif
?xn_version=1777564376>

 <Select One> a) Organizational b) Individual

6. Please provide your contact information, including: (a) Name, (b) Mailing
address, (c) E-mail address. Address information will not be shared. Private
Timothe Litt <deleted> litt at acm.org

7. Please tell us which of the following three eligibility categories
applies to you: Private
<http://static.ning.com/socialnetworkmain/widgets/index/gfx/icon/privacy.gif
?xn_version=1777564376>

	a) I am an Individual who has registered domain names for personal
or family or noncommercial use. b) I am an Individual Internet user who is
primarily concerned with the public interest aspects of domain name policy
and I am not represented in ICANN through membership in another Supporting
Organization or GNSO Stakeholder Group. c) I am employed by or a member of a
large noncommercial organizations and it is too complicated or I lack the
standing to get my organization to join on an organizational basis.