NCUC members only - Voters' list verification of addresses

Ron Wickersham rjw at ITSMYINTERNET.ORG
Thu Apr 26 23:02:35 CEST 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually wouldn't that be 3 votes? - 2 for ISOC-NY a small organization and one for you as a person who meets the individual membership criteria, e.g have you own non commercial TLD registration.  But then again, wouldn't  those who are members of both an organization and individual members take instructions from their membership on the votes the case as a representative?
>
> And if anyone doesn't like that, I understand we are still discussing the NCUC charter.

This "feature" of the membership process makes me feel that my one vote
as an individual member is diminished if someone who is a representative
of an organization gets an extra vote by joining as an individual member.

should the charter also say that a representative of an organization could
only represent one organization.   i can see a mechanism for gaming the
system by forming several "organizations" or recruiting organizations of
a similar bent (or even differnt bents) and since many organizations wouldn't
be very active in discussing ICANN policies since they are an almost
infintessimal concern of the main function of an organization (unless there
is a problem with their particular domain), so there is little
"representation" based on instruction from the organization and more the
judgement of the "representative".

just adding to Avri's excellent points re: discussing the NCUC charter.

-ron