Fwd: [liaison6c] TAS Interruption - Update (17 April 2012)

Carlos A. Afonso ca at CAFONSO.CA
Wed Apr 18 18:32:22 CEST 2012

The central problem in finding what really happened is that the review
of the problem is being carried out by the same Icann staff which is
responsible for system deployment (and ensuing disaster).

--c.a.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [liaison6c] TAS Interruption - Update (17 April 2012)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:12:48 -0700
From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
To: liaison6c at gnso.icann.org <liaison6c at gnso.icann.org>

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-17apr12-en.htm
TAS Interruption - Update (17 April 2012)
Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
ICANN's review of the technical glitch that resulted in the TLD
application system being taken offline indicates that the issue stems
from a problem in the way the system handled interrupted deletions of
file attachments. This resulted in some applicants being able to see
some other applicants' file names and user names.
As reported yesterday, we are seeking confirmation that the solution we
have implemented for this issue is effective.
We are also conducting research to determine which applicants' file
names and user names were potentially viewable, as well as which
applicants had the ability to see them.
Many organizations are seeking information on whether we will proceed
with the planned publication of applied-for domain names on 30 April. We
will update the target date for publication as part of our update on the
timing of the reopening, no later than Friday, 20 April at 23.59 UTC.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>
http://gnso.icann.org