Membership interview with the candidates - options

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Wed Sep 28 12:22:06 CEST 2011

My suggestion would be a couple of conference calls with a) a predetermined
set of questions, and 2) some free q&a discussion.

Record the whole thing then edit in to several files and post on the wiki,
so that we'd have something like.

Question 1:  blah

(where each response links to a mp3)

Discussions: Call 1 | Call2

(similarly)

I don't mind undertaking to record and edit. There should be a back up
recording just in case I screw up.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:27 AM, <Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu> wrote:

>  Oops, sorry I didn't realize the chart meant there was no time when ALL
> candidates could make it; I thought there might be a time when they can, but
> it would inconvenience some members.
>
>  I still think it useful to do the call, provided the candidate(s) who
> can't make it don't mind, and are given the opportunity to answer the same
> questions online.
>
>  Cheers
>
> Mary
>

> Mary W S Wong
> Professor of Law
> Chair, Graduate IP Programs
> UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
> 03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
> http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
> the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
> http://ssrn.com/author=437584
> As of August 30, 2010, Franklin Pierce Law Center has affiliated with the
> University of New Hampshire and is now known as the University of New
> Hampshire School of Law. Please note that all email addresses have changed
> and now follow the convention: firstname.lastname at law.unh.edu. For more
> information on the University of New Hampshire School of Law, please visit
> law.unh.edu
>

> *From: *
>
> Avri Doria <avri at ACM.ORG>
>
> *To:*
>
> <NCSG-DISCUSS at listserv.syr.edu>
>
> *Date: *
>
> 9/28/2011 3:22 AM
>
> *Subject: *
>
> Re: [NCSG-Discuss] Membership interview with the candidates - options
>
> Hi Mary
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Do you think it is ok to have the call with only some of the candidates?
>
> thanks
> avri
>

> On 28 Sep 2011, at 10:07, <Mary.Wong at law.unh.edu> wrote:
>
> > I think it worthwhile to try to do a conference call. Perhaps we can
> combine elements of the two proposals Avri outlines, as follows - have
> members submit 3 questions; pick the top 5 most popular topics and have the
> candidates answer them on the call. On the call, the candidates should also
> be prepared to explain their positions on issues they think important to
> NCSG, and take live questions. Afterward, post the transcript and/or MP3
> recording for those members who had to miss the call.
> >
> > Thanks to all who agreed to stand!
> >
> > Cheers
> > Mary
> >

> > Mary W S Wong
> >

> > Professor of Law
> >

> > Chair, Graduate IP Programs
> >

> > UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
> 03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
> http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
> the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
> http://ssrn.com/author=437584

> [...]

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com