Council Nomination Avri Doria

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Sep 18 21:25:14 CEST 2011

I would like to thank Adam for the nomination.  I would also like to thank the people who contacted me individually and on the list encouraging me to stand for the council.  I have thought about it a lot over the last weeks but have decided to decline the nomination.

It is not that I am against accepting a nomination, it is just that I do not feel ready to go back into the GNSO Council at this point in time.  Additionally there are plenty of fine candidates for the council seat: I can easily find 4 candidates or more I would be happy to vote for, and I have no desire to run against those fine candidates.

Thanks again to those who supported the idea of my candidacy and best wishes to all of the candidates who have accepted.

avri