ICANN's "Unelected" Crisis..

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Mon Sep 5 23:01:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

Interesting piece.  Not sure I agree with all of it, but one line is resoundingly strong:

> The time for pretending that lobbyists for domain name companies are "multistakeholders" is over.

Of course since they control governments, especially the US government, one wonders where the hope is to be found.

Though I think that the domain name companies should perhaps be among the stakeholders, it is wrong that they and their fellow travelers hold more then 90% of the power in the GNSO.

avri