New NCSG-EC has been selected by the constituencies

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Sep 14 23:58:43 CEST 2011

On 14 Sep 2011, at 17:07, Amber Sterling wrote:

> The NPOC is thrilled to appoint Michael Carson, of YMCA, and Klaus Stoll, of Fundacion Chasquinet, to the NCSG executive council.  When does the new Executive Council take effect?

Since the NCUC announced its choices a few day in email to me as Chair of the EC, which I copy below, I beleive the new EC starts immediately, as the old EC was based on the old charter which has been replaced.

On 7 Sep 2011, at 16:12, Konstantinos Komaitis wrote:

> Hi Avri,
>
> The NCUC representatives to the NCSG EC for the forthcoming year are:
>

> 1.  Milton Mueller
> 2.  Rafik Dammak

As Chair of the outgoing EC, I thank the EC and hereby disband it as my last act in this role.

I will now create the new NCSG EC mailing list removing Debra and Rosemary from the list and adding Klaus and Michael.

Konstantinos and Amber will remain on the NCSG-EC list as Observers since they are the chairs of their constituencies.
Dorothy Gordon will remain on the list as the Candidate Consumer Constituency observer unless and until such time as the CC choses another EC observer.

I will remain on the list until such time as the EC picks its Interim chair (to serve until the newly elected NCSG Chair takes office at the end of the Dakar meeting).  I will only be on the list as a short-term administrative volunteer and will no longer be functioning as EC-chair.  I will remove myself from the list once the NCSG-EC picks the interim NCSG chair.  I recommend that picking the Interim NCSG Chair be one of the first acts of the new EC, as there are tasks, like the election and interacting with the GNSO secretariat and other SGs in preparation for the upcoming Dakar meeting.

I will redo the email list right after I send this message.  Of course those removed from the list will still be able to consult the archive and send to the EC list as explained in a previous email.

I am copying the NCSG-Discuss list for their information.

Best wishes to the new NCSG-EC and thanks to Rosemary and Debbie who served for the last 2 years during this transition period.

avri