Update on plans leading up to the election

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Fri Sep 2 17:19:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

1.  Nominations open for the following positions open Monday  5 September:

- 4 GNSO Council members (3 terms at 2 years and 1 term at 1 year)
- 1 NCSG Chair (1 year term)

A nomination can be either a self nomination or a nomination from another NCSG member.
A nominee needs to be a NCSG member listed on the Active members list.

To be considered complete, the nominee must submit a statement to the NCSG-discuss list indicating their qualifications for the position and a discussion of what they hope to achieve during their term.

Nominations will close on 18 September 2011.  I will publish the nominee statements on a wiki page at that point.

2.  The lists of Active and Inactive members  have been updated as of today:

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Active+Members+as+of+02+September+2011
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Inactive+members+as+02+September+2011

I will update the lists again on 5 September.  Only those on the active list as of 5 September will be eligible to vote.

The Election will be scheduled to begin on 4 October 2011 (30 days after the voters list closes as per the charter)

The vote will close on 17 October 2011.

3. To decide the council member election, each voter will be asked to choose up to 4 candidates.  The 3 candidates with the most votes will be elected to the 2 year terms, while the candidate with the 4th most votes will be elected to the 1 year term.

4. The candidate with the most votes for NCSG chair will be elected.

5.  If NCSG members are interested, the NCSG Interim Chair* can initiate a SG teleconference during the weeks before the election to allow the membership to ask questions of the nominees.  My suggestion is that a doodle poll be created for the purpose and that a meeting be schedule if at least 10 people indicate they are interested in such a meeting.

6.  Those elected will assume their responsibilities at the end of the Dakar meeting: 28 October.

* As discussed earlier, once the new EC is seated, they will be responsible for electing an Interim NCSG Chair to serve until 28 October 2011.

avri

----
Everything about this list: http://info.n4c.eu/sympa/info/ncsg-ec